This year, employers seeking to hire new H-1B workers, including those eligible for the advanced degree exemption, must first electronically register and pay a $10 H-1B registration fee to determine if they may file an H-1B cap-subject petition.
Here are the key dates H-1B employers and employees need to know:
- February 24: Employers may begin creating H-1B registrant accounts. Representatives may create an account at any time.
- March 1: H-1B registration period opens at noon ET.
- March 20: H-1B registration period closes at noon ET.
- March 31: USCIS intends to notify winning entrants
- April 1: The earliest date that FY 2021 H-1B cap-subject petitions may be filed.
Winning entrants must submit their H-1B petitions within 90 days of selection.
This information is provided as an educational service. Consult with an attorney for your specific circumstances. For a comprehensive evaluation of your immigration options, you are invited to call me at 214-494-8033, complete my contact form, or visit my websites at www.badmuslaw.com and www.physicianimmigration.com.